Poems for our time 2021
written by the children of Adur
2021 Schools Poetry project, Supported by Adur District Council.
Shoreham Wordfest & Kay Walton of Rap’n’Rhyme are creating a second book of children’s poems, expressing their ideas about the future and choices to be made.
Our 2021 Schools’ Poetry Project is for Yr 3, 4 & 5 pupils in the Adur District. We have provided some online resources to help the children with their poems.
FIND THE ONLINE RESOURCE:
The online resource provides workshops and materials to help raise the profile of poetry, creative writing and performance in your school, supporting your English curriculum provision.
The online resource encourages children to look ahead and imagine what the world could be like as we come out of the pandemic, fast forwarding into the infinite futures of their imaginations, exploring environmental and other themes in their poems.
Poetry is a wonderful tool for children to express hopes and fears and to use language creatively to reflect on the world.
Write a Poem
Children are invited to write a poem, no longer than 20 lines, on the Wordfest 2021 theme: Fast Forward and/or the National Poetry Day theme: Choice
Children are encouraged to illustrate their poems Drawings need to be black, white or grey; pen is better than pencil, clear outlines are required. We cannot accept coloured images or photographs.
- You must include the poet’s full name, year group and school
- A selection of poems will be chosen for inclusion in the book Fast Forward: Poems For Our Time 2021
- Poets will be informed in September if their poem has been chosen and will be invited to a Celebration Book Launch in October.
- They will receive their own copy of the book. There will be a copy for each participating school, along with further copies available to buy.
- If you have any queries about the on-line resources please contact Kay on firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any queries about the project or submitting poems please contact Chrissie on email@example.com