SHOREHAM WORDFEST – Shoreham by sea, hereinafter referred to as the Wordfest, are dedicated to providing a safe, respectful, comfortable, and harassment-free environment for all event participants. Index – Shoreham Wordfest will be free of discrimination or harassment based on any protected characteristic, including race, colour, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age, political affiliation, or status as a special disabled veteran or other veterans.
Event Organizers expect that all participants, including delegates/attendees, speakers, exhibitors, organizers, volunteers, and guests, will conform to the following Code of Conduct.
SHOREHAM WORDFEST – is committed to the free expression of ideas in a respectful and professional manner. Participants will not engage in unacceptable behaviour which includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal, physical or visual conduct toward another participant or participants which is motivated by that individual’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age, political affiliation, or status as a special disabled veteran or other veteran that is unsolicited and unwelcome and creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive environment.
- Sexualised language or images in public spaces, including presentations and exhibitor materials.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following.
- Inappropriate physical contact.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events.
- Physical, verbal, or written, abuse, intimidation, threats, annoyance, harassment, stalking, pushing, shoving or use of any physical force whatsoever against any person, which in any way creates a disturbance that is disruptive or dangerous, or creates apprehension in a person, as determined by event management, in their sole discretion.
- Any destruction or vandalising of personal property or event site or materials.
- Any lewd or offensive behaviour or language, using sexually explicit or offensive language or conduct, profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs.
- Possessing any illegal substance or item. Shoreham Wordfest does not tolerate the use or abuse of illegal substances or items anywhere in the event venues.
- Assembling for the purpose of, or resulting in, disturbing the peace, or committing any unlawful act or engaging in any offensive behavior.
- Any other illegal activity.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour.
If a participant engages in harassing behaviour or any other unacceptable behaviour, event organisers may take any actions they deem necessary to keep the event a safe and comfortable environment for all other participants. This includes expelling the offender from the conference with no warning or a refund. If you, as a participant, are asked to stop any inappropriate behaviour, you must comply immediately.
By participating in this event, you agree to adhere to this Code of Conduct. If you violate it, you may be expelled from the event without a refund at the discretion of the event organisers and the event organisers may take such other action as it deems appropriate.
If someone engaged in harassing or otherwise unacceptable behavior and it causes you or anyone else to feel unsafe or uncomfortable during this event, please report the circumstances as soon as possible, so that effective, appropriate action can be taken.
You can make a personal report by:.
- Emailing the organizing team at firstname.lastname@example.org. This email account will be continuously monitored for the duration of the event.
- Speaking with a designated staff member, identified by a red Shoreham Wordfest T-shirt.
Shoreham Wordfest may revise this Code of Conduct at any time. This Code of Conduct is without prejudice to Shoreham Wordfest’s rights, all of which it expressly reserves.